Funny story- I HATE OATMEAL. Yep, that’s right. I won’t touch it with a ten foot pole. It’s just goop in my eyes. Goop that I don’t want in my stomach. Well, one morning, as I was searching for some new recipes, I came across one for Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal. Instantly, I thought about yummy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. A shimmer of hope crossed my mind and an incessant craving for this oatmeal planted itself in my stomach. So, here it goes:
Recipe (makes 1 serving) :
- 1 and 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of oatmeal
- 10-15 Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- a heaping spoonful of peanut butter
1. Boil your water. Once boiling, add the oats. Cook the oats until there is no water left in the pot. Unless you like it watery, that is.
2. Once they are cooked, turn your heat off and add your peanut butter. Now, if you love peanut butter, add it till your heart is content. Or not, it is totally up to you. Stir it up really well and then add a few chocolate chips.
3. Stir it up till it is completely mixed together. I placed about 4 chocolate chips on the bottom of my bowl for a little fun before I put the oatmeal in. Then I scooped my oatmeal into the bowl and topped it with a few more chocolate chips. Voila!
My Verdict: YUM! I couldn’t believe my taste buds. I have now had this every morning since I made it. Oatmeal is extremely healthy for you and your heart. So this is a delicious way to sneak yourself some chocolate without the guilt. Oh yeah, it’s basically dark chocolate, so that’s another bonus, right? I mean, come on, who doesn’t love chocolate in the morning?