Sundays are usually a day for rest and relaxation, right? I wish. They used to be a time for people to nap, cookout, and be with your family and friends. Well, I found a recipe to bring back that sense of community. This is perfect for kids and adults, although you could add alcohol to make it more adult-friendly. So as you’re sitting on your deck or a boat on the lake with friends, sipping on some wonderful Brazilian (or Swiss, which is what they call it in Brazil- ironic, huh?) Lemonade, close your eyes and relax.
- 6 Limes
- 9 Cups of Water
- 1 & 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Boil 3 cups of water or heat it in the microwave until very hot. Mix in all your sugar until it dissolves. Add the rest of the water and put it in the fridge until chilled.
2. Wash your limes very well – the ENTIRE lime will be used! Cut the ends off the limes and then cut each lime into 8ths.
3. Place 1/2 of the limes in your blender. Add 1/2 of the sugar-water, and blend till the limes are well chopped. Place a fine-mesh strainer over a pitcher (the one you’ll serve the lemonade in) and pour the blended mixture through the strainer and into the pitcher. Use a spoon to press the rest of the liquid from the limes into the pitcher. Trash the blended limes. Repeat with remaining limes and sugar-water.
4. Pour half of your mixture back into the blender. Add half of the sweetened condensed milk. Do the same thing with the other half of the mixture. Once it is all back together, a lovely frothy foam will surface. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge. Done!
So when my mom got home from work, she poured herself a cup and added some tequila. We both believed that this new drink deserved a new name. So we christened it the Brazilian Margarita. Have fun!