One night, I was wandering the internet for new recipes and I came across an AMAZING picture of a cookie. See, this cookie was different though. The fact that it was made all in one big pan made me want to cook it right then and there. So I did!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chocolate chunks or chips
** My skillet was a 12 inch skillet so if yours is smaller you may have to adjust your ingredients**
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in an iron skillet set over medium heat. Stir in sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla and remove from heat. Let rest until pan is warm, but not hot.
2. Crack the eggs onto the butter and sugar mixture and whisk it well into the mixture.
3. Place flour, baking soda, and salt on top, and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and well-mixed. Stir in chocolate chunks. This will give it a nice marbled look. After that, put more chocolate on top, but don’t stir them around. They will bake into the cookie!
4. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, or until starting to turn golden on the top and around the edges, but soft in the center. It’s that easy!
I have to say this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE recipe…so far! Everyone really enjoyed it with ice cream on top. However, as it sat in the Tupperware during the week, it was extremely hard to keep from eating it plain. It was that good!