These last couple of weeks, mangoes have been in season and therefore super cheap in my local grocery store. I stocked up a little bit more than I should have, so I was looking for a recipe that used mangoes. I found a very tropical and healthy chicken (of course) recipe that went over very well with my family.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 mangoes – cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add thyme, salt, and pepper. Place chicken breast halves in the skillet, and cook 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until no longer pink. Remove from heat, and set aside.
2. Heat the lemon juice in the skillet over medium heat. Mix in orange juice, mango, ginger, and cinnamon. Over high heat, cook and continuously stir 4 to 5 minutes, until thickened. Spoon over the cooked chicken breast halves to serve.
I cooked some rice with spinach to serve along side of the dish for a heartier meal, but boiled potatoes or pasta would work well too. As you can see, this recipe is pretty simple. The only thing that takes a while is cooking the chicken. Enjoy!