After I have been posting some yummy, not-so-healthy recipes, here is one you can feel completely good about cooking and eating! It is really colorful and a fun way to cook. You could even make it for breakfast. Yep. That’s right. A meal that works for any time of the day! Oh by the way, its super yummy too.
- 2 Cups of Broccoli
- 2 Cups of Chopped Spinach
- 1 Large Carrot, Julienne or chopped
- 1 Medium Zucchini, Julienne or chopped
- 3/4 Cup of Tomato pasta sauce
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-large sized skillet. Add broccoli, spinach, carrots, and zucchini. Cook about 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
2. Stir in tomato sauce until throughly heated.
3. Make 4 small holes (or how ever many eggs you plan on using). Crack 1 egg into each hole and cook until egg whites and yolks are firm, not runny.
4. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with fresh mozzarella till your heart is content.
This was such a flavorful recipe and it was surprisingly easy! You could even add some different vegetables and serve it over rice or quinoa. My family loved it and this will definitely be a staple recipe in my house.